A healthy and balanced diet is very vital during this Covid-19 pandemic. Our 15 dietary tips during the coronavirus quarantine will help you to support your immune system and, protect or help you to recover. What we eat and drink can affect our body’s capability to start the fight and recover from infections, while no nourishment or dietary enhancement can forestall this Covid-19 contamination.
Yes, even in the middle of coronavirus, we’re going to talk about maximizing your success. How not to let this current situation affect your progress in weight control. So, one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the factors that are associated with worse outcomes with coronavirus are exactly the things that we are trying to fix. The things that we are trying to stabilize our health or reverse setbacks for high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes. These are all things related to your diet, exercise in weight loss goals.
Then, let’s start rolling:
1. It’s never been a better time to experiment in your kitchen and really learn how to cook. You don’t need to be a gourmet chef to prepare healthy, nutritious meals at home.
How do you do it? You don’t need to buy premade, frozen dinners or frozen pizza when you prepare these options that are lower in calories, healthier lots of nutrients at home, really now’s a great time to dust off those boxes of the gifts that you got during the holidays. So, pull out your cooker and your instant pot and really get creative in the kitchen. You can pop fresh or frozen vegetables as some seasoning to add some flavor, and you can put in some lean protein like chicken fish or turkey for super simple and healthy alternatives to a lot of the processed frozen dinners.
2. Just because you stockpiled food to last you a month does not mean you should consume all of those calories within two days and it often times when we’re bored or idle or watching TV we mindlessly eat, and so you want to keep your mind and body busy, you can do workout videos, you can read a book or do a puzzle, but try to refrain from opening the fridge or the pantry every time you walk past the kitchen.
3. Remember to add colorful and seasonal vegetables to your food. Attempt to eat them raw in the form of salad or either steel by eating it raw or steamed. The vitamins and minerals in our vegetables will not be destroyed and will help us to strengthen our immune system.
4. When having your meal, try to fill half of your plate with vegetables. After filling your plate half with vegetables, add two portions of protein to your meal. But keep your portion sizes small.
- If you are non-vegetarian, you can include fish chicken eggs in your protein part.
- If you are vegetarian, include pulses like kidney beans, chickpeas, milk products like curd cheese, to supplement your protein part of your meal.
5. Our next tip includes to include whole-grain meals for your eating. Regimen whole grains are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Some simple choice of whole grains includes oats finger, whole wheat, oatmeal, brown rice, whole rye and also buckwheat and multigrain meals.
Many people living with celiac disease can tolerate buckwheat whole grain, along with quinoa, amaranth, and sorghum. But, if you are buying something like instant oatmeal, avoid those that contain high-fructose corn syrup. We suggest sticking to the good old-fashioned unsweetened kind and mixing in a little fruit or honey.
6. You can eat fruits at your snack time, including 2-3 varieties of fruit daily. For those who are diabetic at least include two fruits a day.
7. Breakfast should include eggs, milk, yogurt sprouts, whole grain meals like chapatis, cheese, and stuffed chapatis.
8. Our next step is to include herbal tea to your daily routine.
9. Alongside with your dietary plan, ingredients including turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and boil them along with milk or water, and take two to three times a day.
10. Our next tip includes taking care of your sugar and salt intake limit and avoid processed food or packed foods.
11. Also avoid and stay away from cold drinks and processed juices from markets, as the intake makes our immune system weak to fight against infections. Healthy diets, not only increase our immunity to fight back against infections but also increases our body, strength, and power.
12. Keep your body hydrated and drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. Water intake can be in the form of soups and coconut water.
13. I will tell you that one of the biggest things you’re probably affected is the anxiety and the worry that is related to the isolation or the changes in your habits and the routines in your day? Don’t get worried about what’s gonna happen tomorrow, just focus on today. That doesn’t mean don’t prepare, but it means don’t let it intrude into your thoughts so that it’s going to make you full of anxiety and worry think about today. If you start worrying about, what’s coming, just pull your thoughts back, pull your thoughts back into right now. Think about today.
‘Am I okay today? If you’re okay today, then, let’s get on with the habits of today that we need to change small regular habits.’
14. As far as your exercise habit goes, set your goal 10 to 15 minutes. If you can do 30 minutes in a day that’s great and strive to do it every single day. Maybe take a day or two off, but otherwise, let’s try to set that goal. Daily habits, regular daily habits, if you’re, just starting and you’re, really not have, don’t have a lot of strength. Just start with chair exercises.
YouTube has a lot of chair exercises for those of you who are doing a little bit more than that Beachbody you can stream Beachbody, you really don’t even need equipment.
Low-Intensity Seated Cardio Work Out – The Great Slim Down
Lose hanging lower belly fat sitting – Beginner-friendly chair workout
Seated Exercise for Obesity and Limited Mobility
15. Write down some goals that you want to attain during this time. I want to learn something new go to Khan Academy, pick something that you want to learn start to listen to an audio book, pick up a new craft or hobby, or something that you’re going to fix at home, find something to do. Don’t sit down and watch from the TV all the stressful media and stress-eat, because when this all is said and done, then the next thing you know you’re going to have lost your success with your weight control.
You know that you have the power to overcome every hurdle, even if we tend to forget them from to time in challenging periods.